Can My Kittens Have A Bath 14 Days After Their Neuter?

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rick and Morty's neuter incisions are looking good and healing well. They're 6 days post surgery today. I have a grooming appointment for all 3 kits on October 3rd which will be 14 days after their neuters. Will they be able to get their baths then or should I reschedule for that day? I wanted to get them baths because well, Zelda is a stinky girl because when she was healing from her spay shed get poop litter stuck on her long butt hair haha and when we still kept her in the crate at one point she couldn't hold it I guess and pooped in her crate and also rolled around in it. We tried to baby wipe her and use foam shampoo as well as we could and then a mini bath a bit later without getting her spay site wet. Rick and Morty are probably filthy from wrestling with her and also from the dog spit of the dog we fostered for a month. They got licked a lot by that dog haha. Anyway yea, Zelda's all healed up but I was wondering if I'd be able to get Rick and Morty their baths 14 days after their neuters?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I honestly don't know why not, but why not give your Vet a call and ask them. If that's not feasible, then ask the groomers.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, 14 days is plenty of time after their surgeries for a bath and groom. That's when we take the stitches out of the females at the vet I work for. Males generally don't have external stitches so you could probably bathe them sooner, but 14 days is standard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, thank you mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens and carebearbaby1 carebearbaby1 :D I'd say they're good to go. The groomer said 10 days was a good minimum so we're gonna be well past that at 14. I'm just a worried cat mom who's never had to take care of a healing spay or neuter patient so I err on the side of caution. Here's some pictures I took of them all today :p
20170925_141938.jpg
20170925_142443.jpg
20170925_185918.jpg
20170925_151449.jpg