Can my Kitten play fetch?

rach&olly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
even though i have spent a small fortune on toys for olly he prefers this bloody wooden block out of my sons toy box. he bats it across the floor chasing it and pouncing on it. he will bat it to me then ill slide it straight across the living room and he bats it back is this a sort of fetch or just a coincidence is he deciding to bring it to me to engage in play?

olly is our first cat and im learning on the job and i think i have underestimated these little genius's hes far more clever than i ever thought a cat was!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten has a lump of fuzz on a bungee string, and when i fling it across the apartment, he grabs it and brings it back to me. IMO they understand that you are the one who starts the chase, so they bring it back to you.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's fetch, same as it would be with a dog.

Nuts love to play fetch, personally I'm sick of playing because he will want to play fetch for over an hour at a time and my arm gets tired. He's worse than any dog I have ever met.

Taryn

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats play fetch although sometimes they do seem to forget about the fetching and expect me to get up and fetch the toy for them!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's playing fetch with you.

Take aluminum foil, roll it up into a little ball, throw it for him. You watch he'll bring it back to you to throw it again. All 3 of mine love/d playing fetch.

lilbear78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thats so funny my kitten is the same way but he prefers a toilet paper tube and i will toss it across the floor and he runs gets in and brings it back...silly kitty's