Can My Cat Be Saved (video)?

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright guys, ever since Pemba was a little kitten she had kinda gases and a bit trouble with her stomach. After a year(she is two) or so she started having trouble to shit. She started to shit everywhere in the house. We went to the vet and they took some x-rays but nothing. She got some laxatives which helped but just temporary. He feces were always hard.

We tried to change food but nothing. She hangs mostly in the house or around. She is very shy towards everyone.

Now it got even worse and she is really in pain. We have an appointment next month where they will check her even further but people around her are starting to think to put her out of her misery.

She is castrated and has got her vaccine.

Anyone had similar experience and can my little Pemba be saved :/ ?
Turn up volym:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

she is really in pain. We have an appointment next month
Next month, early in the month? If not, please get an earlier appointment, and with a different vet if at all possible.

Can you get some plain pumpkin, or some dark karo, coldpressed olive oil, or mineral oil.

Also, can you get, or make, some Kitten Milk Replacer, and get some goat milk.

Are you feeding canned food? If you are feeding kibble, eliminate it completely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Next month, early in the month? If not, please get an earlier appointment, and with a different vet if at all possible.

Can you get some plain pumpkin, or some dark karo, coldpressed olive oil, or mineral oil.

Also, can you get, or make, some Kitten Milk Replacer, and get some goat milk.

Are you feeding canned food? If you are feeding kibble, eliminate it completely.
Thank you!

Im not sure when, im not home so my sister has all the info.

Ill ask my brother to gather all those things. What is dark karo btw? Wont the milk make her stomach even harder?

She was getting kibble but its off now. No canned food but in "wet food" in those bags:

Should we only feed her what you wrote and no normal food?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! You tried different normal wet foods and nothing made any difference? I'd stay with the Sheba then.

Whatever he can find, and then try one thing for a day or so, a tablespoon or two. If no change then try the next thing. I think I'd start with one of the oils...

Dark Karo syrup is syrup that has molasses in it.

Goat milk is typically easier on feline tummies but if you're concerned about it, then leave that one off the list.

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! You tried different normal wet foods and nothing made any difference? I'd stay with the Sheba then.

Whatever he can find, and then try one thing for a day or so, a tablespoon or two. If no change then try the next thing. I think I'd start with one of the oils...

Dark Karo syrup is syrup that has molasses in it.

Goat milk is typically easier on feline tummies but if you're concerned about it, then leave that one off the list.
alright, olive oil isnt hard to find. When im searching for dark syrup here in Sweden i get these results, should i take that one that says dark syrup or is Dark Karo more like corn syrup? There is even something called molasses if you scroll down. Will she eat plain pumpkin of her free will and all those oils?

Also, should you give your cat milk (catmilk) in normal circumstances?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with Furballsmom, get her into a vet ASAP. Maybe she will need an enema to help alleviate the pain. It sounds like she is probably straining to poop. That would be a temporary solution until more can be found out about what the problem is. If it hurts to poop, that is why she is probably avoiding the litter box.

Try the oils, pumpkin, etc. just by either putting one of them - at a time - in some wet food or even perhaps each by themselves. You never know until you try.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I've read that catmilk isn't all that great, but that's for products stateside. If you can't find goat milk, catmilk probably won't help. Goat milk seems to be a little anti-inflammatory, cat milk isn't but again that's American products.

I think Dark Karo, that's more like corn syrup as opposed to straight molasses (I think the straight molasses might be too strong).

You can add the pumpkin to her food, and the oil/syrup also, or even on your finger rubbed against her gums to get her started consuming it (about a tablespoon), as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner commented, try one, then in a day or so try the next.

One other thing, can you get her to start playing a little more? The increased exercise will help her digestive system to function better. I realize she might be too uncomfortable, but even walking around a little more would probably help.

Also, add a little water to her canned food meals.

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
What happened? How are things?
Hello again!
We removed the kibble since I made this thread so she has basically just been eating wet food and some salmon oil my brother bought. Unfortunately she hasn’t gotten any better and today my mother is taking her to the vet.

She is still very playful and has a good apitate, always begging for food and walking around where she use to have her kibble.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Thank you so much for the update!
Let us know what the vet says, --sending lots of good thoughts!!

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:

So she was at the vet yesterday all day where they cleaned her colon. Today my mother took her again where they went in with a camera. No tumors were find but they could see a lot of redness that might have been the cause.

They need to analyze some more results which they will get in a week or so.

Now she is resting after some exhaustion days I guess :)

Hi! Thank you so much for the update!
Let us know what the vet says, --sending lots of good thoughts!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, I'll bet she's tuckered out!
Ask the vet if you can try giving her some homemade kitten glop or homemade Pedialyte (there are recipes on the internet). Sometimes after this sort of thing cats don't start eating again very well and need some help.

Pemba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow, I'll bet she's tuckered out!
Ask the vet if you can try giving her some homemade kitten glop or homemade Pedialyte (there are recipes on the internet). Sometimes after this sort of thing cats don't start eating again very well and need some help.
Thanks for the update! Did they recommend any sort of specific diet while they wait on test analyses to help figure out why there is inflammation in her digestive tract? I was just wondering if this could be related to a food allergy...
No they didn’t say anything. They will say what to do after the test results drops in.

Unfortunately she is constipated again.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure she's constipated, or just not pooping from being cleaned out and probably not eating a whole lot yet?

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For constipation you can try miralax. 1/4th tsp mixed with water ontop of her food. It sounds like she could have megacolon. She could also have trouble with the nerves in the digestive tract, leading to difficult bowel movements. Either way, if this is constipation, miralax can help. You may need to start with a low dose and increase it over time.

i believe their is a felineconstipation.org site that may be helpful.