Can my cat be a himalayan/ragdoll mix?

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! So I'm new on this site, and I decided to start off my new post by knowing what exact breed my cat is.

So, I got Blu from a Himalayan/Persian breeder but in her description of Blu's picture at 6 weeks old, she said he was a Ragdoll.
Anyways, I got him from her at 8 weeks (I attached a picture), and now he's a year old.
As he grew older I noticed that he does not look like a ragdoll that much.
He follows me around EVERYWHERE, he's not that much of a lap cat, he loves playing around ALOT, he loves chasing after crunched paper balls, drinking from the sink, and sleeping near me. He hates water and belly rubs lol.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder, how did a ragdoll get to a himalayan (=essentially a colorpoint persian) breeder?

If she doesnt breed ragdools too, and is known for it, it means,  either her himalayns are highly suspected, her using a ragdoll stud, or similiar...

OR she got a somewhat untypical himalayan, with a more protruding nose than the usual.. Which isnt so peculiar, himalayans typically arent so very flat faced as most of the modern persians are supposed to be.

So, in a moment of inspiration, she renamed him into a ragdoll.  Better to sell a ragdoll than a very untypical himalayan, whom must be counted as pet quality...

BUT, fate struck.   His muzzle shows quite a some persian ancestry.

Thus, you do have your himalayan back.

If he is really purebred pedigree, we cant know, unless you have full paperwork from a reputable breeder.

But I for one would easily accept him as a himalayan, or at least, a himalayan look alike.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is GORGEOUS!!!  

Did you get papers for him from the breeder? Do yourself a massive favor and get him used to being groomed ASAP. You do NOT want that hair to mat. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, honestly I wasn't looking for a specific breed. But when I stumbled across his picture I just thought he was the one for me, haha. So I'm not too mad about him not being a ragdoll or whatever. As for the papers, the breeder told me that in order to get them it takes time and extra money to send to the US (I'm from Saudi Arabia) and a really long process, but honestly I didn't care so much. I just wanted a companion, not a show cat. I even got him neutured.

Anyways, thank you very much for the insight :)

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! No, he didn't come with papers because I'd have to spend extra for that in order to get the papers from the US (I live in Saudi Arabia). And all I wanted was a companion not a show cat, so yeah. I was just curious to know what he is! I guess it'll remain a mystery lol.

I do brush his hair DAILY! But the little sucker just enjoys grooming himself way too much so his hair get's tangled. Don't worry, never been matted and I'v had him for a year and so :)

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not good at guessing cat breeds but my goodness he is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pics :)

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha, thank you! :)

blocstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd bet she's a mix. She looks exactly like my beautiful ragdoll, except yours has a bit of that cute smooshy face like a Himalayan, which ragdolls don't have. She is gorgeous! But my bet is that she is a mix of both those sweet breeds.