Can kitties comit murder?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting note... Meeko is part Bengal. The vet got some blood tests back from earlier last week. We wanted to know as much about him as we could to try to help fix his aggression. The vet found it really intersting and is really observing him and trying to do the right thing by Meeko.

He ran some blood tests today to see if he can be on a certain allergy med. we are looking into procac for Meeko. He's giving us some info to help us with our decision. He doesn't want us to have to get a new home for Meekers (especially because of his age and what we have already been thru with him)

However, We did get a little blessing. Karen, the assistant ADORES my Meekers and her kitty passed a few months ago. If things don't work out I get the strong impression that she would love to take him home.

lol, I wanna cry. I'm very torn between trying to figure out if I'm feeling a "whats best for him" vibe or a "I love my cat and am being selfish" feeling. I don't know whats best. I Love Meeko dearly. I don't want to let him go, but seeing him love on the assistant really makes me wonder if there isn't a better home for my boy out there.

I have NEVER given a cat up before. It's hard for me to see this in an unbiased light. I don't trust anyone to take him unless I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that they wont get frustrated and take him to the pound. If i craigslisted him or anything like that I would be constantly afraid that he would be let loose or sent to the pound and get put to sleep. Guys, I can't take that.

If prozac doesn't work (and I am very sketchy about that because it is WW3 to get him to take a pill of any sort. If I do decide that it is in his best interests to rehome, Would it be wrong or to over the top for me to insist that the person that adopts him signs a contract stating that if things dont work out that they will bring him back to me? I don't want to be a crazy cat lady, but I cant stand the thought of something happening to him. When I adopted my boys I promised them that I would love them and look after them. That I would do everything that I could in there best interests. (yea, it's dumb. I made a promise to a kitty that can't understand a thing I say. But I think it was a promise to myself as well. I don't take animal ownership lightly. Meeko (and all other creatures) deserve the best. I just really don't know whatsright guys..... Thank you all for your honest feedback. After my school work tonight I'm going to write to whitte cat lover (thank you for the reference!!!)

Sorry this is so darn long winded. I just really am very lost in this.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like Karen would be an ideal choice if things don't work out. Since she's a vet assistant and has seen what you are going through with your difficult decision firsthand, she would probably be willing to sign a contract to return Meeko to you

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Noisette

Interesting note... Meeko is part Bengal. The vet got some blood tests back from earlier last week. We wanted to know as much about him as we could to try to help fix his aggression. The vet found it really intersting and is really observing him and trying to do the right thing by Meeko.

He ran some blood tests today to see if he can be on a certain allergy med. we are looking into procac for Meeko. He's giving us some info to help us with our decision. He doesn't want us to have to get a new home for Meekers (especially because of his age and what we have already been thru with him)

However, We did get a little blessing. Karen, the assistant ADORES my Meekers and her kitty passed a few months ago. If things don't work out I get the strong impression that she would love to take him home.

lol, I wanna cry. I'm very torn between trying to figure out if I'm feeling a "whats best for him" vibe or a "I love my cat and am being selfish" feeling. I don't know whats best. I Love Meeko dearly. I don't want to let him go, but seeing him love on the assistant really makes me wonder if there isn't a better home for my boy out there.

I have NEVER given a cat up before. It's hard for me to see this in an unbiased light. I don't trust anyone to take him unless I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that they wont get frustrated and take him to the pound. If i craigslisted him or anything like that I would be constantly afraid that he would be let loose or sent to the pound and get put to sleep. Guys, I can't take that.

If prozac doesn't work (and I am very sketchy about that because it is WW3 to get him to take a pill of any sort. If I do decide that it is in his best interests to rehome, Would it be wrong or to over the top for me to insist that the person that adopts him signs a contract stating that if things dont work out that they will bring him back to me? I don't want to be a crazy cat lady, but I cant stand the thought of something happening to him. When I adopted my boys I promised them that I would love them and look after them. That I would do everything that I could in there best interests. (yea, it's dumb. I made a promise to a kitty that can't understand a thing I say. But I think it was a promise to myself as well. I don't take animal ownership lightly. Meeko (and all other creatures) deserve the best. I just really don't know whatsright guys..... Thank you all for your honest feedback. After my school work tonight I'm going to write to whitte cat lover (thank you for the reference!!!)

Sorry this is so darn long winded. I just really am very lost in this.
Hun, you're not giving up, you're giving him a chance, I went through the exact same thing with Harvey and people on here were so good to me and Harvey is now so much happier and a completely different cat and my other kitties are also so much happier. xx

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely speak to Karen, i think some cats just have to be only cats and it isn't fair to put them on medication just to make them fit in with us. You are not giving up on him, you have saved him from whatever (sorry, i dont know his background), tried loads of options, but I think finding him a home as an only cat is the best thing for him - and I think you are right to have a contract drawn up, and keep in contact with them, so you are on hand if they have any initial teething issues, as you know him so well.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Odd question, but are you 100% sure she doesn't have another cat or other animals?
With the way people will abandon animals they can't pay for and often how litters and strays end up at a vet clinic, many techs and assistants have animals, sometimes several.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Odd question, but are you 100% sure she doesn't have another cat or other animals?
With the way people will abandon animals they can't pay for and often how litters and strays end up at a vet clinic, many techs and assistants have animals, sometimes several.
Other pets might not be a problem if she does. Jamie and Miezi both can't stand other cats, but are good with dogs and rabbits. In Jamie's case, a ferret and a fox have been perfectly acceptable.