Can I Leave My Cat Alone For 5 Days?

MysticPisces

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You were either lucky, or not unlucky. I too have done the same. Given all the preparations, thought, and consideration that went into it? I feel I was "not unlucky". I sure don't suggest leaving a cat alone for a week, but, emergencies are just that. You use your best judgement, go against it a little bit, and just do the best you can with what you have.
I never seen a problem with it cats are self reliant. I’m a truck driver and my current kitten will be left at home by himself for 3-5 days at a time when he’s older. I’m off on leave so now was the perfect time for me to get him. But I’ll be back to working when he’s around 6months. A lot of other drivers also have cats at home for this reason they’re great companions who don’t require their owners to be with them everyday and they do just fine while we’re out on the road working.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I never seen a problem with it cats are self reliant. I’m a truck driver and my current kitten will be left at home by himself for 3-5 days at a time when he’s older. I’m off on leave so now was the perfect time for me to get him. But I’ll be back to working when he’s around 6months. A lot of other drivers also have cats at home for this reason they’re great companions who don’t require their owners to be with them everyday and they do just fine while we’re out on the road working.
This is really a misconception about cats. They might survive you being away but they need companionship and stimulation.