Can I Give Dog Tablet To Cat ?

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my vet gave me this and said u can give to cats also but im little worried Is it okay to give? U can give dog tablets to cat also sometimes??? In the country i live now there is no anxiety tablet or anything for cats my vet told me there is no problem

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I can't answer regarding the medicine, but have you tried music? Classical harp music is known to help calm cats :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I can't answer regarding the medicine, but have you tried music? Classical harp music is known to help calm cats :)
No I didn’t but they are fighting with each other and everytime i take them out they panic and start panting so that’s why my vet gave this tablet

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's anything in it that will harm a cat in the proper dosage. I don't know if it will help but I suppose it can't hurt to give it a try.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DO read those articles!

That said, both the chamomile and the valerian are safe for cats. The ginger is generally safe, but OCCASIONALLY can cause tummy upsets. You won't know until you try it. You could also buy plain chamomile tea bags, if they are available in the grocery stores in your country, brew a cup of the tea, chill it in the fridge, and give your cats 1-3 teaspoonfuls via syringe or medicine dropper up to 3 times a day.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
DO read those articles!

That said, both the chamomile and the valerian are safe for cats. The ginger is generally safe, but OCCASIONALLY can cause tummy upsets. You won't know until you try it. You could also buy plain chamomile tea bags, if they are available in the grocery stores in your country, brew a cup of the tea, chill it in the fridge, and give your cats 1-3 teaspoonfuls via syringe or medicine dropper up to 3 times a day.
I used the chamomile tea on my boys skin..mean dabbed alittle around his eye that time it was really bad..n it helped MORE that the meds the vet gave...Cause the meds wasnt helping n a member on here told me about the chamomile tea..n it sure nuf work..knock on wood...Didnt get it in his eye...but dabbed with cotton ball after it had cooled..around on all the redness..n it helped..And I got another box...to have on hand..:):petcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DO read those articles!

Thank u so much I just wanted to know it’s safe i will search for that tea

Thank u everyone for the help

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something, another cat outside possibly, has upset your older kitty and s/he is taking that aggression out on your other cat. Take a look at the articles, they can help with this :)

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are your cats neutered ? Also u said take them out. Out where? Are they indoor outdoor cats? Two unneutered males (sometimes even neutered) will fight especially if they are allowed outside to roam territory they think is theirs. Just something to take into consideration.