Can I Feed...

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can I feed my 9 month old kitten, regular cat canned food as a treat at 9 months? Or should I continue kitten food until she reaches 12?

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can feed your kitten any canned wet food that says for all life stages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can feed your kitten any canned wet food that says for all life stages.
I’m aware, she eats food right now that is for all life stages but what if it says “cat” or “adult”? Because she would be 3 months away from being an adult would it be acceptable for her to indulge in adult treats and wet food? Or would it still make her sick? Is what I meant to ask.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think it would make her sick. if its a complete and balanced food i dont think it would be a problem to feed it occasionally. Normally with one her age, oh till a year or year and a half i have always tried to be sure the majority of their calories come from kitten, or all life stages food, just to be sure they get all the nutrients they need. But adult food should not make her sick, especially if its just occasional, i think she would still get all she needs.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your avatar the little cat we are talking about? Pretty little white cat :) what is her name?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont think it would make her sick. if its a complete and balanced food i dont think it would be a problem to feed it occasionally. Normally with one her age, oh till a year or year and a half i have always tried to be sure the majority of their calories come from kitten, or all life stages food, just to be sure they get all the nutrients they need. But adult food should not make her sick, especially if its just occasional, i think she would still get all she needs.
It would just be a treat once and awhile. I’m curious as to how she would like it!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is her my baby, the avi kitties daughter :)
6564A574-4E0D-422F-BF58-D2A51ABA4A77.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Adult" canned cat food is fine as an occasional meal or treat for an older kitten. I wouldn't feed "senior" food, though.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty little white girl! I love little white cats :heartshape: lol well i love all cats, all colors too!:hugs: