Can I feed raw chicken wings as a meal/treat occasionally?

benimalika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to start feeding my 3 1/2 year old cat and my 3 month old kitten chicken wings as a treat once in a while. All the info on raw feeding I've been able to find has been on giving them a full raw diet. I found nothing talking about giving it as an occasional treat. Malika (kitten) eats all wet food because she's a little princess and refuses to eat any dry. Beni (3 1/2 year old) eats mostly wet food (2 cans a day) and 1/4 cup of dry food at night. I've given them bits of raw chicken as a treat before and they both enjoy it so I thought wings would be a good treat for their dental health but I have a couple of questions about it.

Would it be ok for the kitten given her age or should I wait until she's a little older? Is if it's ok to give this as an occasional treat/meal and if so how often could I give it to them? (e.g. substitute dinner for a wing once a week? Once a month? Give as treat but not as meal?)

When I have given them raw chicken previously it has been in small quantities as a treat and it hasn't upset their stomachs. They are also very good with food changes, I give them 2-3 different types of wet food in many flavours and it has never upset their stomach. But I'm worried a whole chicken wing as a meal might.

I appreciate any advice on this :) Also here's a picture of them!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Raw bones and organs are safe as occasional treats :) Instead of a whole wing, you can give just the tip or the flat middle part. Once a week is plenty and, no, you do not replace a meal with a raw wing. Gizzards might be a safer option for kittens than bones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

benimalika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Raw bones and organs are safe as occasional treats :) Instead of a whole wing, you can give just the tip or the flat middle part. Once a week is plenty and, no, you do not replace a meal with a raw wing. Gizzards might be a safer option for kittens than bones.
Thanks! Do you know at what age would it be safe to start feeding Malika wings?