Can I buy clavamox online without a vet?

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a stray who is 11 and fiv +, also has bad dental disease and he has blood coming out and drooling so he might have lost a rotted tooth. Unfortunately I cannot afford medical care or a vet for his issues.
I was hoping to find a place online to buy liquid clavamox to give him to combat some infection in his mouth, in the past he was given some donated and did very well taking it and I know his weight. He also has chronic green gunk in one eye, I wipe it daily so it doesn’t stay shut but obviously there’s infection in it, so I could use antibiotic eye drops too.
I reached out to a local group on Facebook for stray cats and nobody has offered to donate anything to give the cat.
If there’s some way to buy medicine online without a vet I can try that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
FIV+ cats are prone to gum infections, he must need a proper dental check and maybe extractions to prevent the infection spreading. Are there any shelters in your area that could help? A lot of places provide cheaper or even free vet care for pets of low income households. It would be worth checking and see if you can get him help that way.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you have Next Door Neighbor access, ask on that site - there always seems to be folks who care of feral cats on my local site, and they also usually have contacts to others who do so as well. Also, check for local pet rescue groups - they may also have access to unused or left-over meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FIV+ cats are prone to gum infections, he must need a proper dental check and maybe extractions to prevent the infection spreading. Are there any shelters in your area that could help? A lot of places provide cheaper or even free vet care for pets of low income households. It would be worth checking and see if you can get him help that way.
I wouldnt have asked if I knew of places that could help. There are plenty of shelters and rescues for cats near me, I know people that run them. But they will not help me because I am not working at their rescue or shelter they only help coworkers. There is a low cost vet but they killed one of my cats years ago and there’s been lawsuits at that place from other pet owners that had animals get sick or die from them, so they aren’t an option.