Kitten
Purraise
Can cats with Pyometra get pregnant if not spayed

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't know much about pyometra, but it can cause belly swelling, so you might not actually be seeing a pregnancy, if that is what you are wondering. Maybe this article will shed some light on the condition for you. If you have a cat that you suspect has it, you need to take her to a vet ASAP.
Pyometra in Cats and Dogs

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Almost certainly not, due to the infection present in the uterus. However, left untreated, pyrometria is often fatal. Your girl needs a vet trip, and spaying, ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blumorpho9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys for answering! Luckily my cat does not have this! I was just curious because I thought she had this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blumorpho9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to ask my vet this question!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOOD! And yes, spay ASAP. That will end the possibility of pyometra, AND drastically cut down on the possibility of several cancers.

Houndhunter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had this. I went in one day to visit her in her favorite bed in the spare room, like I do every day. She dont get locked up, just sleeps there. And I found discharge on her bedding, and when i lifted her leg, she was oozing. I went to the vet right away and they said she probably wouldnt last 2 weeks till i got my next check, so they took her in on half down, and half in 2 weeks.

She recovered very well and now much healthier overall after the surgery. So I hope your kitty turns out ok as well.

Just be careful with this because it is a deadly issue that will turn her real sick, real fast, since this is an infection, and the poison is flooding her. So if she gets sicker at all, take her in early if possible.