Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Can Cat Give Early Birth And Days Later Birth More?

Discussion in 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' started by Michmash74, May 24, 2019.

1. Michmash74

Michmash74 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

May 24, 2019
    I have a 3 yr old that appears to be fine and healthy. Just gave birth to one kitten and I can feel more inside moving. It has been 36 hours now and I have read that this is possible and not to worry. Any similar stories to share?

Attached Files:

2. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Cats can take up to two days between delivering kittens, so as long as the placenta for this kitten has been delivered, it should be fine. However, if she starts panting, heaving, or straining for more than 30 minutes and no kitten comes out, you would need to take her to the emergency vet.

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

3. Michmash74

May 24, 2019
    Thank you so much. As I read this she finally (38hrs later) had a second kitten... Awaiting more. :)

StefanZ purraised this.

4. Michmash74

May 24, 2019
    Kitten #2 (38hrs later)

Attached Files:

5. Michmash74

May 24, 2019
    Baby #3 and I believe 1 more

Attached Files:

6. golondrina

golondrina TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 3, 2011
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Is there a fourth one?
    The photo of the first born kitten seems to show that his legs are not well covered with fur or are blood stained. I hope this is not so?

7. Michmash74

May 24, 2019
    Happy to say MoMA cat and all 4 babies are doing fine.

Attached Files:

kunoichi9280, Kflowers and mama africa purraised this.

8. talkingpeanut

talkingpeanut TCS Member Top Cat

Oct 12, 2015
    Great! Are you able to weigh the kittens daily to make sure they are all thriving?

And can you be sure to keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males? She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, and without showing any signs of being in heat. Would you like help finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area?

golondrina and abyeb purraised this.

9. Michmash74

May 24, 2019
    I was informed that she can be spayed 2 months after having the kittens and an appointment has already been set. We will be certain that her babies will be spayed/neutered as well before giving them away if we decide too, not sure yet. They are all so adorable.

talkingpeanut purraised this.