Can anyone tell me what kind of cat this is?

stewom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, we've had our cat George for 2 years now. We found him as a stray and despite not thinking we were cat people we now totally are!

I've started wondering about what his breed could be. Cam anyone help?

Thabks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, lets try to describe him. He is a longhair domestic.

He is a brown classical tabby with white.   With classical tabby we can also say marbled or blotched - or bulls eye tabby.   The bullseye not well visible because of all the white.

We can also say, classical brown tabby bi-color.  The pattern is something between Saddle and Tuxedo.  Say tuxedo, as most people knows it.  Although the tuxedo is somewhat small on him.   :)

Is he biggish?   If so, he may even have an Ancestor - probably a Norwegian, but may be Maine coon too.

Very nice cat as soon you look a little closer. :)

cattysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He reminds me a wee bit of our own longhair cat.  Catty LaBelle is strong boned (especially her back legs), has fur padded paws and a very dense thick coat.  The shelter believed that she is something called a Norwegian Forest Cat, but without more info or any papers we have no way of knowing.  So they wrote down "American Domestic Longhair".   At any rate, she is beautiful and so is your fur baby!