Can anyone tell me what breed my cats may be?

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first kitty is a Broken Mackerel Brown Tabby(color and pattern), Domestic Shorthair (breed).

The second one is a Domestic Medium Hair, and looks like she is a Torbie (brown tabby and orange tabby) but it is hard to tell since the picture is so dark. Do you have a brighter one of her? Maybe from the side too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paigemalli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The first kitty is a Broken Mackerel Brown Tabby(color and pattern), Domestic Shorthair (breed).

The second one is a Domestic Medium Hair, and looks like she is a Torbie (brown tabby and orange tabby) but it is hard to tell since the picture is so dark. Do you have a brighter one of her? Maybe from the side too?
This is the best one I have. We brought her in as a stray a few weeks ago. She has a very bushy tail, it reminded me of a squirrel when we first got her.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, she is most definitely a Torbie (brown and orange tabby). :-)

So she is a Mackeral Torbie, Domestic Medium Hair.

Very pretty girl. And so glad you were able to rescue her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paigemalli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh yes, she is most definitely a Torbie (brown and orange tabby). :-)

So she is a Mackeral Torbie, Domestic Medium Hair.

Very pretty girl. And so glad you were able to rescue her!
Thank you (: Do you think there's anyway she could be a Maine coon mix? When we brought her in we noticed the tail and she has a lot of their characteristics and behavior.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you (: Do you think there's anyway she could be a Maine coon mix? When we brought her in we noticed the tail and she has a lot of their characteristics and behavior.
She could be, but without papers she would still be called a Domestic Medium Hair. That just means she is a medium haired cat of no specific breed. What she has in her ancestry is a mystery, but if it's there, it is probably not recent. So, not a parent or grandparent Maine Coon.