Can anyone recommend a good unscented, clumping litter?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've used both the unscented and the scented Tractor Supply litter, and I find they work just as well as the more expensive brands as long as I keep the litter deep enough.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:bunny: Happy Easter.

We are really happy with 'Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Premium Clumping Fragrance Free Scoopable Cat Litter.' :catrub:
:paperbag: Cats noses are so sensitive that scented litter must be torture to them.:redx:

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using SUPER MIX UNSCENTED CLAMPING LITTER for the last 5-1/2 years with excellent results. Cucumella was nine years old when I adopted her 5 -1/2 years ago and she had until then lived in a garden. She took to this litter immediately and has been using it ever since without any problem.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For many years I used pine shavings. Same stuff you put in horses stalls. But then I noticed a chemical smell so I switched to Arm & Hammer Naturals. Love this stuff, and yes it's litter. You would have never known I had cats in the house.

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do not use clay based or crystal/silica litters. After using clay for many years, I started having health problems. I researched the litter and couldn't believe how bad it really is for cats AND humans alike. I was even wearing a mask when I scooped as well. After thorough research on more natural options, I settled on "The World's Best Cat Litter". The one in the red bag, multi cat clumping formula. It's corn based and actually smells decent too. It's on sale on Chewy's right now. Great price. If you want to stick to clay, the only one I'd recommend is Dr. Elsey's.

World's Best Cat Litter Scoopable Multiple Cat Clumping Formula

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dr. Elsey's Ultra Unscented (blue bag) is the the only litter that our one extremely litter-picky cat will use. She's turned her nose up at everything else. Amazon sometimes has sales on it, and I've snagged the 40 pound bag for as low as $13.49.
Here's the link.

Dr. Elsey's Unscented Cat Attract (red bag) will bring any out of the box peeing cat right back into the box. I've written so much on litter box problems. Feel free to check out my past posts if anyone has frustrating litter box issues.

TsundereNeko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've tried the Dr. Elsy's Ultra cat litter that's been mentioned in this thread, and I must say -- it truly is my favorite at the moment! It's low-tracking, low dust, unscented, and (I think) hypoallergenic. I liked World's Best as well, but it had an odd smell to it due to the corn. I've used Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal, but the scent was too perfume-y and strong for me. The particles were too fine for my preference and the smell of it made my entire studio reek as if I went to town with a bunch of dryer sheets. I've heard differently from others though, so maybe I just picked up a bad batch.

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise