Can Anyone Help Identify What Breed My Cat Is?

Helenajaynex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Screenshot_20171031-093155.png
Screenshot_20171031-093225.png
Here is my beautiful boy, Ozzie. When we went to the vet with him over a year ago the vet seemed to think he had a mix of maine coon in him - but I wanted everyone else' opinions? I know he's not purebred but assuming hes got a little something in him!

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With this somewhat triangularish face, I would sooner guess on Norwegian Forest Cat look alike, possibly even - real ancestry.
I presume he IS biggish?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With this somewhat triangularish face, I would sooner guess on Norwegian Forest Cat look alike, possibly even - real ancestry.
I presume he IS biggish?
H Helenajaynex - Yep - @stephanz is almost certainly right on the money with this call. This kitty is young in Norwegian Forest Cat terms - two years old or a bit less - and since he seems to have Weegie ancestry, he might keep growing right through his fifth years. Dear Lord - that tail is absolutely fabulous, and does seem to recall the European style Maine Coon Cats like Axis Star S'Ally:

Given his almost SV colour pattern, I wonder too if he mightn't have some Turkish Van blood running in his veins? No one will argue with you about Ozzie being beautiful - he surely is. I hope you might post some photos to the Big Breeds thread here:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Helenajaynex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I presume he IS biggish?

It's hard to tell! He seems large for his age (just over one year) but 90% of it seems to be fluff and tail!

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous I have a Ragdoll and the plume tail and overall face shape reminds me of a raggie obviously I see a mix as her coloring and eyes are not Ragdoll but coat length tail and bone structure remind me very much of a Ragdoll she is a very pretty lady congrats

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I confused. Which cat are you asking about? Beautiful Mr fluffy tail....I agree has some Norwegian Forest Cat there but the muzzle ears and tail remind me of European Maine Coon also. I would like to see a couple more pics of him. The cream and white guy which I'm assuming is Ozzie reminds me of my Manny's head ,body, and ears which would lead me to Siberian ancestry. Both are beautiful cats none the less!

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that I see her ears better I'm thinking possibly like stated earlier some Norwegian forest cat but maincoons can have ear tufts as well with bigger ears definitely mixed with more pedigree genes than not however I would say