Can anyone help identify this breed of cat?

cublette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I found this little fluff ball wandering the streets back in September in a desperate state. Matted to the hilt, starving and alone.
She was obviously someone's pet at one point but we've had no one come to claim her.
The vets said we can now officially call her ours (squeee as she's adorable
I was wondering if anyone could identity her breed? I think she may be Persian but as we have no papers, I have no idea if she could be mixed breed.
All thoughts welcomed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic long hair, I think she is a black and creme tortie. Very pretty.

She may have some Persian ancestry, or eve a fresh ancestry of a persian old type / doll face persian.  Perhaps even a few drop of Maine Coon blood in her.

But without clear evidence,      a longhaired domestic is the only safe to say.

Tx for helping and adopting her.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet kittie! She looks a lot like out tortie. Ours was a rescue also, and very well socialized so certainly belonged to someone at one point.

I agree with Stefan's assessment. Perhaps some Persian or Maine Coon in her somewhere. One can't be sure, so she'd be considered a domestic longhair. Does she have long ear and toe tufts? That's a common trait for the Maine Coon.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cublette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Morning!
Thanks for yor feedback.
Yes, she has long tufts between her toes and albeit not overly long, she has ear tufts also.
Some days her face looks a little more squished then others, that's why I thought Persian and she shows some persian traits.
She's so docile and loving and a super lazy cat :)
She's really settled in well especially as I already have two other slightly younger kitties.
My boy has taken to her like a love sick puppy which is really sweet but my girl is still wary and hisses a lot at her but Aurora (above) takes no notice and carries on about her business.