Can anyone help ID my guy?

Bai Cai 226

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Been trying figure out the breed or mix but hoping this community of experts can help! He is a rescue but this is what we know about him:

-approx.15lbs (vet says he isn't overweight :)
-very social (people and other cats)
-tufted paws
-bushy tail that hooks when it's standing up
-high pitched meow
-continued growing / filling in after turning 1 year old.
-His coat seems to consist of 2 to 3 distinct types of fur. Overall very soft and silky. His light brown and white undercoat is quite fluffy/wispy and the darker black hairs are silky and straight, almost like human hair.

A few photos, kitten to current. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous, and you have such lovely pictures of him, too! Love his markings :)

I would describe your cat as a brown tabby and white domestic longhair. From what I can see in these pictures, he looks like he has a classic tabby pattern. Do you have a picture of him from the side so that we can see his tabby pattern?

It's normal for cats to keep growing taller and longer until they are somewhere between 12-18 months, and then keep filling out and maturing for some time after that. 15 lbs is a nice big boy, but well within normal range for an adult male cat.

You are very perceptive in examining his hair type and noticing the different types of hair! All cats have 3 types of hairs: guard hairs (longer, straighter and shinier), awn hairs (slightly shorter and more wavy), and undercoat hairs (shorter and more downy in texture). Cats vary in hair length and how much of each type of hair they have.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. He's not likely to have specific breeds in his background, but that doesn't make him any less special! He really is a beautiful boy, and he sounds like a great friend to have!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bai Cai 226

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for that detailed reply lutece lutece !! 💞🙏🏼
This all makes sense to me - definitely what I suspected. Here’s another pic maybe better showing his markings:
2C81EE44-93A0-4AFB-8B7A-C5A75F1B9ECA.png

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it looks like he is brown classic tabby and white. He looks both handsome and happy in this picture! :)