Can anyone guess what this is??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Excellent!!!  
  This is GREAT news - thank you.

Hopefully they will expose the entire fraudulent, and criminally unethical  system that it is.   As for Purina vs BB .... it takes one to know one.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to feed purina to my cats. Not the one you're talking about and I sent my lotto to rainbow bridge last year age 20.
I am now using GO grain free. Has anybody heard of it. Suggestions for better dry food would be well received. If I can get it here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have heard of Go, though it is a fairly new brand I believe.   They have it at the smaller specialty food shop near me.  Unfortunately I don`t know much about it though.   I dont use dry food any more and would particularly dissuade anyone from feeding it to young (say 2-5 yo) male cats as they are most prone to blockage from concentrated crystalline urine due to inadequate hydration that tends to occur with dry food.

Basically, though you would want to look for the highest quality meat-based protein in the ingredient list.   And avoid carb loading fillers for example potatoes, carrots, etc.   Beyond that, avoid the usual suspect additives such as food colorings, and preservatives like BHT, BHA, and Ethoxyquin.

Last edited:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Go! Fit + Free dry as an evening treat for our younger female. I think the ingredients are really good - 7 meat sources before chicken fat and a couple starches, and then 2 more meats before the fruits/veggies/vitamins; it's low carb (around 13.5%, I think, which I would consider good for a kibble). I wrote a review on this food when I first tried it, and am equally impressed with it now: http://www.thecatsite.com/products/go-dry-cat-food-grain-free-chicken-turkey-and-duck-formula

The larger company is called Petcurean and they're based in Canada. I like their Go! line more than their Now line because Now appears to have more starch - some of them are up to potentially 30-32% carbs, and they are quite a bit lower in protein. They have another subbrand kind of thing called Summit, but it still doesn't match their Go! line's 48% protein and low carb percentage. They also have a wet food line for Go! though I haven't tried it yet. The price is about on par with a canned food like Nature's Variety, I believe.

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had cats from a child until now at age 50 (of course I have had more since on my own). I never knew about special foods until a few years ago so mine wer always fed Purina cat chow or what ever was on sale. The only vet bill I ever had was a cat with anxiety and she was put on Prozac and fine the rest of her days. All my cats live good healthy long lives going to the vet only yearly for their shots. I've been posting about new foods and so on for my 2. Norville the kitten could eat anything I think but since I have had him Mia is trying to also. She has been throwing up for the first time ever lately so I think I might go back to what she is used to. I just had wanted to switch to an all life stages food for them.