Can A Flamepoint And Solid Black Kitten Be From The Same Litter?

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a curious question. I don't really have anymore room for more kitties but hopefully in 5 years my partner and I will have enough saved out to move to a bigger place and we can get more :biggrin:. He really wants a solid black cat with green eyes, and I want a flame point maybe with slight tabby stripes. I was just wondering, can those two coats come from the same litter? if so I'd love to wait it out and look for 2 litter mates that match what we want in 5 years, or maybe even start looking a couple months before we move out. Again, this won't be for a looooong whiiiile but would be something good to know :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The short answer is, "yes, they can."
Thanks! I've been searching around for answers looking for one. Apparently it not only has to do with parents coats but also grandparents. I wonder how hard they'll be to find. Especially in the sexes we're hoping for.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the mother is a tortie/calico, and both parents carry the pointed gene, yes, it can happen. Not sure what sexes/combination you're hoping for, but of course any specificity will narrow the field even more. What are the chances of finding a litter with that particular combination in your area, with kittens of the specific sexes you want? Not very high, lol. But, yes, it's a possibility.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It can happen, but not very likely, as others have said. Just a note, kittens, even from different litters will make friends with each other quickly if they're introduced when they're young enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a note, kittens, even from different litters will make friends with each other quickly if they're introduced when they're young enough.
Okay, noted. That was my backup plan if anything.