Can A Feral Kitten Get Lost Inside Wild Grass?

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody, yesterday some kids brought a kitten (maybe 8 weeks old or less) and left it outside the building, i fed him and placed a box under a tree so he could sleep in it.

He cried a lot during the night, and also this morning, i went looking for him but i couldn't find him and i started panicking because the vegetation seems too dense and i'm scared he got lost there.
One of the kids was looking for him too and he couldn't find him either, and since this morning the kitten is quiet.

Is it possible for a kitten to get lost in vegetation and not be able to get out (the grass is very tall)? there are a lot of cats living there would he not follow one of them, or the smell to get out of there?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it could be lost in the grass. But also since it is young a predator could have gotten to him. Is anyone helping this kitten? Is there a way for you to help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes it could be lost in the grass. But also since it is young a predator could have gotten to him. Is anyone helping this kitten? Is there a way for you to help?
I don't think there are any predator there except for other cats, and yes i want to help but i can't find him, I've been waiting the whole morning for him to meow so i can find him, but he's completely quiet.

If he's lost would he just let himself die? wouldn't his instincts push him to get out or follow another cat...?

PS: Here's where he probably got lost.
g.jpg

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
do you have a smart phone? play kitten meow noises from youtube to see if maybe he will come out...I hope you find the kitten. you would be surprised what predators come out at night even in suburbia. When you see the kitten can you bring it into your home? I would NOT leave it outside.
That's a great idea!!! i'll try that Thank you :)
Sadly i can't bring him inside, i already have cats and they're all sick at the moment (URI) :(

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please keep looking. If you have any stinky cat food, you might try setting some out and see if he will be drawn to the scent. If you do find him, please bring him inside. Outside life is so very hard for cats.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can't take him in, call around and see if a rescue group can take him. He is too young to be outside on his own.

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can't take him in, call around and see if a rescue group can take him. He is too young to be outside on his own.
There are no rescue groups or animal associations in my area :( , if i find him i'll ask the kids to show me where they brought him from maybe his mum is still there.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
That's a great idea!!! i'll try that Thank you :)
Sadly i can't bring him inside, i already have cats and they're all sick at the moment (URI) :(
you can keep the kitten in a seperate room. And yes URI are a bear to deal with. Lots of stinky food and syringe water to increase fluids. If one is really goopy you can take the cat in the bathroom, shut the door run the shower as hot as it will go. stay in there for 20 minutes-the steam will help break up the phlem and gunk.

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great news the kitty got out by herself :)

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What do you mean got out? Did you find him?

I know you’re busy with urinary issues but one little kitten can’t be that much of an issue vs it dying from lack of food, disease or predators.

You know, I’m a firm believer that nothing happens by accident. So it was not by accident you were the one who found it. You were there at a particular time, place and circumstance to provide for it IMO

Besides kittens are very adoptable if you work at finding the right person.

Please reconsider you role in this babies life

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please explain "Got out by himself"? you mean out of the box? Please help this kitten and take him in. I know of cats killed in my neighborhood by dogs. If you live near a wooded area, other animals will pursue and kill kittens and small cats.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she means it got out of the grass, it was lost in the high grass.

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
trudy1 trudy1 and A ArchyCat i meant he got out of the grass, i saw him playing with 2 other cats during the night :) i would really love to bring him home but sadly i can't, he's not the first kitty who children brought or someone abandoned in my building, it happens literally every week.
And if he's not a purebred, it's really hard to find someone to adopt him here.

I'll feed him outside and put a box for him to hide, the feral cats that live here usually stay for a long time (4-5 years) because they have a lot of spots where they can hide and they find food easily, i hope he'll be fine too.