Can a cat carry kittens through a spay surgery?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the gravy-type canned foods are pretty high in carbs. Friskies shreds/chunks are made mostly of wheat gluten. I wonder if she's gluten intolerant? That would make a lot of sense, actually, because some of the symptoms are gas and bloating. Try a paté-type food (preferably a high-quality grain-free like EVO, but if that's not an option the Friskies paté or Fancy Feast Classic should be OK) and see if anything changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is The Shreds I think. I'll try a can of the pate', but I've been down this road before. She won't eat it. It took me months to find her something she wouldn't eat for a few days and then eventually turn her nose up to.

I don't think a little gas is going to hurt her. She's never had any diarrhea with it, and no worms on her or in the litterbox to be found. I really can't afford anything more expensive than what I'm feeding her now.

I'll be happy when I find a Job and can afford something better but as of now this or something similar has to work unless her health is at stake. The vet said she's healthy as a horse last week so that's eased my mind considerably.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I just noticed today that there is only 1 particular flavor that gives her really bad gas. The beef flavor for some reason, which she loves by the way, is the culprit. The others give her a little gas, but nowhere near as bad.

I know there is seafood in the beef. I've read it on the label. Maybe she has a hard time digesting seafood. I do know that she normally will not eat any seafood flavors at all. She shuns them.

Last edited: