Cami is now spayed

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just brought my sweet little girl home today & she was so glad to be here back in her room & her comfort zone. The surgery went well & she's in the healing process & on antibiotics.  Until she's nice & healed, I probably will just keep her in her room just so the other kitties don't bother her. I spoke to my vet friend that lives in Oregon & he recommended a good dry cat food since that is what she likes. "Acana" which I ordered from Chewey.com

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job! You can probably let her out with the others tomorrow.  Cats are really good at self-limiting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing quite well. Pretty much stays to herself for the most part. I tried to take her out of her room doing the day but she just finds another spot to sleep in so she's not very active as of yet. However, she is healing nicely & still is on antibiotics. Thanks for asking.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's only been a few days.  Once the antibiotics kick in (about 3 days) she should start feeling better and being more active.  She probably might still be experiencing the residual effects of the anesthesia.  It takes a few days to be completely out of the body.