Camera Lens Help

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking into a new lens for the race season this year. But before I go out and drop an insane amount, I plan on renting a few and testing them out before committing! Does anyone have any to recommend?
Camera:
Canon EOS Rebel XT
Lens:
EF-S 18-55mm
EF-S 75-300mm *this one I use the most for autocross since I am usually offtrack.

I would love to get a better distant lens, but I kind of want a nice short distance lens too... so who knows! I am open to all suggestions!
Right now my main runners are:
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II (this has by far been rated one of the best lenses for Canon. But that cost hurts! I can rent for 10days for $130. The cost to buy is $2300....
)
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro
Canon EF 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, as the worst photographer on TCS, I am no help. Sorry. But I was wondering which picture(s) you selected to give the Beau at Christmas? I may have missed a follow-up thread....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually ended up saving them and not doing it yet! I have been working on getting better at editing them! (And for him to finish the man cave!!)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I actually ended up saving them and not doing it yet! I have been working on getting better at editing them! (And for him to finish the man cave!!)
Ahh, the man cave. I know it well, though I don't spend much time there.