Calories & weight confusion

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, so my boy Monster's healthy weight is around 8.8 pounds; preferably around 9 or 10 because I like to have him chunky so if he falls ill or becomes picky, there's a safety cushion........... Of fat....... To fall back on!
So he eats canned and homemade, canned 1 day and usually homemade for the next 2 days or so.

Homemade is 6.8OZ, canned is usually 5.9/6OZ (150cal)

The issue is that his homemade is typically made up of three different meats. Sometimes beef/pork/chicken, turkey/chicken/pork, stuff like that.

Beef is 250 cals per 4oz, chicken is 5.720 calories per 4oz, pork is 145 calories per 4oz, etc. And again his normal homemade is 6.8oz. I don't know how you would calculate this once it is all mixed up and packaged to it's desired weight, does anyone know or have any tips or websites you can use for this?

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

Maybe someone here can give advice on the specific measurements. I took my cat to vet and while there I had her work out a diet plan of how many calories my cat can have each day and how to split wet and dry food. However like I said, you may get your answers from an "Adult Cat" here on the forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

Maybe someone here can give advice on the specific measurements. I took my cat to vet and while there I had her work out a diet plan of how many calories my cat can have each day and how to split wet and dry food. However like I said, you may get your answers from an "Adult Cat" here on the forum.
Sorry, didn't word it right. I was looking for how to calculate calories in a homemade food made from several proteins, but I do think I found a site that works, this one