Calories per ounce in food made with TC Feline?

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I use 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs, 2 egg yolks, and 1/4 cup TC Feline "befree" PLUS Chicken liver (USA version).... total weight of a batch is then 40.5 ounces.

It says to feed 1/2 cup a day (4.5oz) for most cats.... 3% of Cadbury's weight is about 5oz.

I can't find anything about the calories in the actual powder mix and the calories in just the boneless meat and egg yolk is obviously not anywhere near the recommended 20-30 calories per pound.

So do the calories not matter with raw food...just the weight%? Or...should I be feeding the 20-30 calories still but don't know if I am because I don't know how much the powder adds?! I feel like I'm obsessing and worrying and making this soooooo complicated LOL.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Using information from the USDA nutrient database your 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs plus 2 yolks would be 33 kcal/oz.

From the TC Feline web site, their product is 46% protein, 2.5% fat and 1.5% carbohydrates. using Atwater factors of 4-9-4 the product would be approximately 5.3 kcal/g. I don't know how many grams are in the 1/4 cup you used so I can't say how many calories the product adds. You might want to contact the company and ask if they have more accurate calorie information.

http://tcfeline.com/tcfeline-canada/

And, yes, calories very much matter in raw feeding. Feeding an animal more calories than it burns will cause weight gain and feeding less than calories burned will cause weight loss just like with any food.