Calming pills?

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! (Again)

So we've been in and out of the hospital by now with little Luke:( he was doing so well! Then he got another UTI... and now he's not feeling well,again. We just took him home and the doc told us it might be stress based... so do you guys know /used any calming pills for cats that is good and really worked ? Thanks!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, what else is going on that you might be able to change for him?

There are treats like Pet Naturals Calming, and there's Cat Music as well.

Can you give him his own room away from other animals or people that are contributing to his stress?

Are you feeding him wet food? This might help too;

Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, what else is going on that you might be able to change for him?

There are treats like Pet Naturals Calming, and there's Cat Music as well.

Can you give him his own room away from other animals or people that are contributing to his stress?

Are you feeding him wet food? This might help too;

Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake - TheCatSite
Hi!
We just got 3 days ago a cool water fountain for him to encourage him to drink more, so far he enjoys it.
He became very weak though from all the IV,treatments for anemia and diabetes, the antibiotics for his renal failure by now...
he's on royal canin veterinary diet renal kibble and wet since. He doesn't really enjoy this renal wet food so I ordered him the purina veterinary diet renal wet food because he loved the urinary ones.
He has his own space in the house but also is free to be wherever he wants indoors, we only have a senior dog with him, but they don't really care about each other. My dog really loves Luke but he doesn't go near him,he just wants to know he's home :crackup:
Now when we took Luke home from the clinic after all the IV treatment week, his creatinine went down to 0,8 ! Yesterday when we took him in because he did not feel well, the creatinine was a little higher..it was 2,4 AND the UTI... because of the UTI he again drank less ,peed less and it was painful for him to pee. We have a huge past with him and UTI and crystals.... NOW he doesn't have any type of crystals luckily but has the UTI again which made him feeling worse, dehydrated and creatinine to grow...
They also discovered 4 cysts around kis kidneys.. but so far we don't know anything because the CT / MRI needs anesthesia and his kidneys are not stabilized yet unfortunately. They said they only can let the anesthesia happen if his kidneys will get to a stable number.
The doc also told us that the uti and that it is very...often! Can be because of stress. Well Luke is always stressing himself... he's been thru a lot with vets and illnesses and amputation... because of his front legs are amputated his organs are more downwards than in a "normal" four legged cat. He's scared of everything , of car rides, vets and louder sounds (even sounds of shopping bags) we try to get him at home as comfortable and in a quiet house as we can and as it is possible but even like this, he stresses himself all day.
I was thinking cats have mirtazapine but I just found out they do not have mirtazapine pills.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's literal, and both music as well as specific sounds :)

There is relax my cat .com, musicforcats .com, and Spotify and other sources have harp music that's been written for cats💖

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
David Teie also has music for cats which is very much in sync with a cat as opposed to human like music.

If you google something like calming supplements for cats, you will find a number of products. How well or how quickly they work is another question.

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
~ I have had good results with CBD. This seems to work well for anxiety — in people and pets ! ✨️:cloud9:
we got it a day ago! it was very good, I just did not have time.. we got the results of his constant uti and sickness with the acute renal failure,cuz he again got it back... going to make another post about it to get opinions.

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got retromad1. I hope it will help my little boy. I'll kep this post updated about how he's feeling with the treatment and with every issue overall. Thank you all! :petcat: