Callie the parking lot foundling... and her appetite.

rv-kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Callie will be 1 year old next month.  Image taken in our RV last April. This kitty will eat anything. She especially loves raw meat - all kinds. Not just that but cottage cheese, no-fat milk, eggs, whole grain  bread - almost anything she sees us eating, we have to share with her, even corn on the cob.  Her coat is beautiful, soft and silky and shiny.  The other three cats will also eat some raw meat (kidney, turkey hearts, gizzards, liver) but these meats, except gizzards, are getting harder to find all the time.  I believe these cats can be switched over from canned and their kibble nightime snack but making sure they get 100% nutrition is my greatest worry.  So I'm going to hang out and soak up some knowledge here....   =^..^=

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
raw meats are great to feed cats, but I would skip feeding the bread and corn on the cob.  Not so good for cats

While you are hanging around soaking up information, here is a great thread to start reading:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread

Before you stop feeding the canned and kibble, you'll want to make sure you are balancing their raw with the proper amount of calcium to meat to organs and adding whatever supplements you're going to (eggs, fish, etc.) just to make sure they're getting everything they need.  In the meantime you're safe to feed up to 15% of food unbalanced just to find out what they like and dislike (sounds like that won't be a problem)

Feel free to ask questions...that's why we're here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rv-kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
raw meats are great to feed cats, but I would skip feeding the bread and corn on the cob.  Not so good for cats

While you are hanging around soaking up information, here is a great thread to start reading:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread

Before you stop feeding the canned and kibble, you'll want to make sure you are balancing their raw with the proper amount of calcium to meat to organs and adding whatever supplements you're going to (eggs, fish, etc.) just to make sure they're getting everything they need.  In the meantime you're safe to feed up to 15% of food unbalanced just to find out what they like and dislike (sounds like that won't be a problem)

Feel free to ask questions...that's why we're here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am aware she should NOT have corn and bread. These are not every day treats. And she only gets a very small amount. She will get frantic if she isn't offered at least a tsp of whatever we have.  Most of the time that's all she wants - a taste.  Satisfied, she walks off.   It's strange as I never had a cat care about what we were eating.  One of the other cats likes a small bit of cold cuts when my husband makes a sandwich. Roast beef. Turkey. None high in fat and salt.  For now I'll keep them 10 to 15% raw with liver only once a week.  :)

Last edited: