Call me, maybe…

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo, I went to the pet store to buy some doggy diapers for our dog who has been anxiety peeing when I’m out of the house (or even just in the shower or outside).
There were a couple young ladies who had some new puppies with them, buying toys and collars. The pups were just too adorable, so, trying not to be the creepy invasive lady, I picked up a toy that my dog loves and struck up a conversation with them.

In the midst of things, I asked if they’d had dogs before, ‘cause I try to warn new owners about not getting the big cooked bones that so many pet stores love to sell. The gal said “Oh yeah, we know to stay away from them, we feed a natural diet”.

Internally, I instantly perked up. But I calmly and casually said, “Oh, I feed a raw diet too”.
Which led to conversation about how all her friends think she’s crazy, but it’s totally worth it, and so on.
So I mentioned the places I go for organ meats, which she was excited to know since she was new to town.
We said our good byes at the checkout, and I left feeling so glad to have made that connection so randomly.

Then I thought, “Dang, we should have exchanged contact info so we could coordinate our meat orders”
Then I thought, “Nope. ‘Cause then I really would be the creepy invasive lady.“

cue song:
“Hey, I just met you, and it might be crazy, but here’s my number, call me, maybe…” 🤪

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: me, in the cat food aisle lol
So glad I’m not the only one! 😂
I really try not to be the weird lady at the pet store, but sometimes I can’t help but say something if I notice someone who might need a little assistance... or with cute furmonsters. 😍