Calico/dlh Mama Kitty + Solid Black Dsh Dad=?

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, this is the only pic I have of Karen and the probable father of her imminently due kittens. Are the only possibilities tabby, tortie or solid black? Would solid white and orange be possible, too? Just curious, and trying to pass time before I become a kitty grandma♥

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! How are things?
I'm not an expert in this, but hopefully one of the members who is will see your post soon :)

They are beautiful!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, this is the only pic I have of Karen and the probable father of her imminently due kittens. Are the only possibilities tabby, tortie or solid black? Would solid white and orange be possible, too? Just curious, and trying to pass time before I become a kitty grandma♥
If that is the father,
  • Boys could be black, black and white, red (orange) tabby, or red tabby and white.
  • Girls could be black, black and white, tortoiseshell, or calico.
  • If both parents carry dilute (blue) you might see some blue, cream, or dilute tortie / calico kittens.
  • None of the kittens would be solid white, although if both parents carry colorpoint, you might get pointed kittens... these would be white at birth and gradually darken at the points.
  • None of the kittens would be brown tabby. If you see any brown tabby kittens, the black cat is not the dad. :)