calico coloured?

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my daughters male cat Carlisle. We rescued him when he was a small kitten from an evil old lady who planned on drowning him in her bathtub, we tech stole him when he was left  was outside so she didnt kill him and then i reported her to the  RSPCA  and shes now been banned from having any animals and copped  a huge fine for it while she was at it. GOOD I DONT FEEL BAD FOR HER ..  THATS AN EVIL THING TO DO ! Just wondering ..would he be considered a type of calico? Hes been in a few fights lately as you can see the poor lil man has got some scratch marks on his lil face but hes a great cat 

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From what I can see no not sure what his second color is (grey or black?). So I think he is a bicolor or whatever the term is. Male calicos are extremely rare. But people can be truly horrific creatures and I'm sad to hear that monster is free at all.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

From what I can see no not sure what his second color is (grey or black?). So I think he is a bicolor or whatever the term is. Male calicos are extremely rare. But people can be truly horrific creatures and I'm sad to hear that monster is free at all.
Personally i think shes a monster and should have been jailed for even thinking bout doing such a cruel thing! I dont understand WHY ppl do things like that to such defenseless animals who cant fend for themselves! I''d like to see them all fry honestly its evil!

He's got grey AND  black in his coat and a bit of a mottled brownish colour 

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a little hard to tell from your pic (a side shot would show more than his beautiful face), but I think he's tabby and white. He reminds me of a cat I was trying to trap - she had the same colours in her coat, but with less white.

Last edited:

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hes a very small cat for a full grown male we have had him nearly 4 years now but hes such a sweetheart. He is an outdoor cat and he freaks out when we try and bring him indoors as the weathers been rainy and very stormy here lately, the feral cats in the neighbourhood have been fighting with him i think.. they come into the yard and he goes mental at them.I will get a better pic of him tomorrow but ty for ur opinion :)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's a little hard to tell from your pic (a side shot would show more than his beautiful face), but I think he's tabby and white. He reminds me of a cat I was trying to trap - she had the same colours in her coat, but with less white.

Hes a very small cat for a full grown male we have had him nearly 4 years now but hes such a sweetheart. He is an outdoor cat and he freaks out when we try and bring him indoors as the weathers been rainy and very stormy here lately, the feral cats in the neighbourhood have been fighting with him i think.. they come into the yard and he goes mental at them.I will get a better pic of him tomorrow but ty for ur opinion :)
Yes, lets wait on some extra pics.   He may show himself as tabby and white as Columbine says.  He may become a Harlekine (white with splotches).  On this photo he doenst seems to be  any calico nor tortie.

Is he neutered?  I suspect the ferales around causing fights with him arent, they are intact toms?   If so, you could perhaps find some way to neuter and spay them?  It would calm down things quite a lot.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Carlisle is spayed yes.. but i aint spaying all the ferals lol!
You dont need to do it nor pay all yourself   (although there ARE forumites who do, even paying of their own pocket, cooperating with their regular vet.)

But what you can do, is to find some TNR group nearby, or if there is a shelter working with TNR, and cooperate with them.  So with a little luck, it wont cost you any dollars, just some effort and time, while the main bulk of work will be done by these volunteers in the TNR group.

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You dont need to do it nor pay all yourself   (although there ARE forumites who do, even paying of their own pocket, cooperating with their regular vet.)

But what you can do, is to find some TNR group nearby, or if there is a shelter working with TNR, and cooperate with them.  So with a little luck, it wont cost you any dollars, just some effort and time, while the main bulk of work will be done by these volunteers in the TNR group.
To my knowledge theres nothing like that in australia

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calico means they have black and red and white. I don't see any red on him. Of course it would easier to tell with more pics of his whole body. But, as was said earlier, male calicos are very rare. So he's probably a bicolor.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The point of that link was to show you that there are tnr programmes in Australia. I found that site just by googling 'tnr cats australia'. It also occurs to me that that organisation may know of a tnr program closer to you. It's worth investigating, is all. I'm sorry, I should have made that clear in last post :anon:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I Googled for Adelaide and you're in luck! These guys should be able to help you with feral cats TNR - 

http://catassist.org.au/

Good luck! And yes, she's not a calico, but a bi-color from the picture you posted.

bemba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's a classic or Mackerel Tabby Piebald (Bi Colour) I've got a boy very similar except mine is spotted tabby piebald (avatar pic)

stampysnifflles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is my daughters male cat Carlisle. We rescued him when he was a small kitten from an evil old lady who planned on drowning him in her bathtub, we tech stole him when he was left  was outside so she didnt kill him and then i reported her to the  RSPCA  and shes now been banned from having any animals and copped  a huge fine for it while she was at it. GOOD I DONT FEEL BAD FOR HER ..  THATS AN EVIL THING TO DO ! Just wondering ..would he be considered a type of calico? Hes been in a few fights lately as you can see the poor lil man has got some scratch marks on his lil face but hes a great cat 
Not considered calico,Cute though,Your a great person to save a abused cat