Buying litter at the store

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We shop at Costco for our cat litter (Scoop Away), and the past couple times we went they have been out. We even tried multiple locations. So today when we went and saw the litter in stock, we bought 10 packs.

My husband and I only go to Costco maybe twice a month if we have time. Normally we buy maybe 4-6 packs of litter. We do have a lot of cats.

But lately we notice people asking us or making comments about how many cats we must have. It’s funny but also a little intrusive, especially when they make assumptions or comments like they’re entitled to laugh about it. Many people don’t like cats. Today it was even the checkout staff trying to grill us about it. I feel like we need to start making up a story and I definitely don’t feel comfortable telling the random average person that we do have a lot of cats or how many we have.

I don’t know, has anyone else experienced this at the store? 😂

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't had this, at least not with cat litter, but people are going to do what they do lol

You could always say you're getting it to help out a shelter, which is kind of 3/4 true, --you just won't tell them you're the shelter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It honestly annoys me when people buy up all the litter. I use one value pack of litter every couple weeks but half the time the shelf is either empty or theirs only one box there. I have a small house and also don't want to break my back carying multiple boxes at once.

I buy arm and hammer double duty because it is affordable and has excelent odor control.

I despise costco more than any other store, I would shop at walmart -which smells funky and I just don't like- before costco. The costco parking lot is a labrynth of cars and people are smushed togeather like sardienes in the isles.
I used to go their sometimes with my friend and someone would always end up pushing me or stepping on me.