Buying a Roomba a good idea?

cruzing101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is just starting to shed a bunch. He doesn't have long hair or anything but it's starting to get all over my apt. Anyone have a roomba and can say if it's work the significant chuck of change? I have hard wood floors so that I hear is better than carpet for the cleaning robots but I also heard you have to clean them after each use and they can break easily. My cat is a very active breed so I think he would get a kick out of the robot after he gets over the "new Roomate" phase.

Last edited:

random gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had my roomba for over a year. It's perfect for hard floors. It's not so great on carpets. It does pick up kitty litter tracks off of carpet pretty well. You do have to clean the bin after each use, because the bin is sort of small, but the time it saves you is huge. I haven't had to repair it yet, but it does have parts that need to be replaced once a year, brushes and air filters and etc. 

murr7maggiom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who has five cats and a baby who is 10 months old. They have a two story house that is all carpet except the kitchen and bathrooms. They just got a Roomba and love it. She said it really helps with keeping the carpet clean of cat hair. Her baby and the cats get along very well.