Burmese cross?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
These pics arent very clear.  I hoped someone with a better monitor than mine would answer.

Nay, I dont think Sweetie is a near descendant from Burmese, however sweet  boy he is.

His fur seems also to be somewhat more longhaired than a typical shorthaired burmese/bombay.

Black cats, all these miniature black panters, looks alike of Bombay (which is essentially the black variation of Burmese),   they are not unusual. 

While real pedigree Bombays are rare.  Burmese arent common either.  They werent not uncommon in England a couple of decades ago, but seems to be more rare nowadays, and are quite rare in most other countries.  Probably because there are now more cat breeds to choose among, so those who do wants to have a purebred cat with everything on, do have more breeds to choose from, whereby most were also more docile than burmese.

The great majority of our cats are NOT  breed cats, nor fresh mixes thereof.  97%  are just natural mixes from the natural cat population at their  nearby country - unlike with dogs where the common is people do try and breed races, even these who dont bother to take pedigree certificates on them.

So most of  somewhat look alikes here on our forum - ARE somewhat look alikes.

Although now and then we DO find a lost child of purebred parents, so to speak.   :)

Good luck!

Last edited: