Bundle Of 7 Kittens Completely Tangled Umbilical And Amniotic Sacks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its prob contributing. Still, just to fight on... Lets hope for the best whom remains. Im sorry for your difficulties.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many cat diseases that are called "cat flu" - it is NOT the mother cat killing her babies. Or if the mother has type B blood and the babies have type A or AB, the mother's colostrum will cause destruction of the babies' red blood cells. There are also defects in the hearts and lungs and other organs. I suspect that the mother's illness is playing a big role in these tragedies. Sometimes antibiotics will help - I have a cat in my yard that is blind with cerebellar hypoplasia; he is the only survivor of a litter of 5, even the mother died - they had signs of wet FIP. I have another cat from another year, Janie, whose family died of URI; her eyes were barely open when her mother brought to me Janie and 1 sibling - growling when i picked them up. I gave them Biomoxx and goat milk formula; sadly, 1 passed but Janie is almost 3 years now. .The mom brought me 2 more babies, 1 comatose and 1 dead. I would bundle little Janie up in a purrito with a heated corn sock ( cornmeal is softer and retains heat as well if not better than rice) and show the mother her thriving baby in hopes of convincing the declining mother to go into one of the traps or carriers stationed around the house. It didn't work; the mom died too. But Janie is very affectionate; she loves it when I tell her, "Your mommy loved you so much, she gave you to me! I loved you so much that I give you medicine so you can live!". Prayers and vibes for your mama kitty and the other babies - and remember: a short life of being loved and comforted is still a life well lived
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: