Bumps On Cat Ears, Nose, Spine

Maraboo33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I won’t get a chance to get her into a vet for a couple days but meanwhile hoping for some help... my baby girl has developed multiple bumps on her ears, and a few along the ridge of her spine. She used to have them on her nose but they clearly mostly up. Sometimes bloody if she scratches them open. Since they have come and gone in the past (only 1 or 2 at a time) I hoped it would just clear up but it’s gotten worse. Any ideas? Anything I can do for her while waiting for the vet?

Attachments

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! There are so many possibilities that I can think of. Maybe an older member knows more. But it could be allergies, demerits, fleas, mites, and even just dry skin. First question I could ask is do you treat your cat for fleas?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flea allergy would be my guess. Some cats will develop them. All it takes is one stupid little flea to jump on and bite to have an allergic reaction. Good idea to take her to the vet where she can get a shot. Ask the vet if you can give Benedryl to relieve her discomfort next time it happens and get her on a good flea prevention from the vet.