Bumps his head

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My cat is not affectionate and I've accepted that! However sometimes he seems aggressive towards me where I'll be laying down and he bumps his head on my head not sure how to explain it but he will just seem to be pushing my head with his? What should I do?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOTHING! That is what we generally call a "headbonk," and it is actually a sign of affection! He may be more affectionate than you realize, just not "goopy" over it!

Head butting is another term for it. With my cat, it's head bashing because he literally bashes his head really hard on me over and over again :eek3:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby does 'head butts' - especially when she comes up on the bed in the early AM and wants to make sure I know she is there. A head butt or two (or, more and harder, if I ignore her) and me giving her a pet or two in response, and she is good. Gracie (RIP) preferred to use her paw to get my attention, but same idea.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When he rubs his head on yours he is transferring his scent onto you. It is cat language for “you are mine”. Some cats really love it when you shut your eyes and rub your forehead against theirs, telling them back that they are yours.

Last edited: