Bump on corner of my cat’s eye and bleeding sore on her head

Quail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello
I noticed these skin irritations on my cat this morning. Today is a Sunday so I couldn’t contact her vet. I’m thinking of emailing them tomorrow but have been so worried about this that I thought I’d just see what you thought here.
She has a spot that started to bleed near her ear she’s been scratching as well as a bump at the corner of her eye on the same side. I’m not sure if they’re a part of the same problem. I noticed she was rubbing her face with her paw a lot.
Does anyone have an idea of what this can be? I am so worried about ringworm because of the itching and bleeding but know other things can cause similar things. My boyfriend thinks she has mosquito bites. That might explain the bump on the corner of her eye. I also know sometimes allergies can be a cause. The part that is bleeding looks like it could have possibly been a bite as it’s raised, but it also turned into a scab so it’s hard to tell. Her skin doesn’t look scaly but her fur seems slightly thinner on that side.
She was rubbing that side of her face a lot and later I noticed she was doing that to the other side of her face where I don’t see anything.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I wonder if she came into contact with something that irritated her skin or as you're thinking, a mosquito bite. I'd take her in to the vet tomorrow, try a walk-in and see if they can work you in.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This doesn't look quite like ringworm to me. I'm also thinking either an injury or, more probably, a bite of some sort. I'd definitely have a vet look at it.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my cat gets really itchy and starts scratching a lot, she’d get a lot of bumps like that. It would have bit of blood which I can’t see but it scabs over after a day. She would have like 6-7 all over her neck, head, face. I think it’s just flea allergy or her sensitive skin. It goes away after a week or two without treatment and this had happened on and off for about 3 years.

Make sure she’s up to date in her flea prevention. You can also try some anti itch sprays/creams for cats to give her some relief from scratching. It’s not serious unless it bleeds a lot or grows bigger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the replies everyone!
This morning it didn’t look worse so I decided to wait and see if anything improved before calling the vet. I was gone for about 8 hours and when I got home I noticed the entire area from where the original spot was to her eye looks red/irritated as well as the other side of her face in the same spot. She’s still been scratching and rubbing the areas so much that the fur is coming out..
There are now multiple tiny bumps where she’s been scratching on both sides of her face. Maybe it is an allergy like blumarine’s kitty? The other swollen area on the corner of her eye seems a little better, but I’m not completely sure.
There seems to be a lot more irritation everywhere else which makes me think it couldn’t have been from a mosquito.

I pulled the fur in on the irritated areas a little to see if it would come off easily and it doesn’t. (still really worried about ringworm :fear: but I’m glad to know it doesn’t seem like it to everyone else) The skin just looks red and bumpy, not scaly.
Would allergies cause this to happen so quickly in two days?

I was only able to get a blurry picture because theres not enough light right now. It at least gives an idea how she has scratched the spots so much some fur came out.

I will definitely get her some flea prevention and look into some anti itch stuff for her and tomorrow I’m calling the vet.
👍

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, goodness, poor baby! I don't know how fast allergies can cause a reaction. I'm glad you're calling the vet, let us know how things go :vibes::crossfingers::hugs:

Quail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I just emailed the vet some pictures. Hope they call soon. I was able to get a better picture of her head this morning. She acts uncomfortable and walks away when I take pictures of that area so this is the best one so far.

Attachments

Quail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Made an appointment with the vet but have to wait two days so I’m pretty anxious. Here‘s one more picture since she’s finally not moving around. Both sides of her head look almost the same.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let us know what the vet says. See the later pics, it looks like it may well be allergies to something, and yes, they can get bad VERY fast. Hek went from a small patch to large, raw and bleeding areas in less than a week. FLEA ALLERGY! She only had a couple of fleas, but it was enough.