Bump On Cat's Lower Lip

Jules89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed this bump on his lip a few days ago and it was a lot smaller. He is still eating, drinking normally.

I have a vet visit tomorrow but I just want any possible ideas.

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like an eosinophilic granuloma, commonly referred to as a rodent ulcer. It’s good you’re going to the vet to get him checked out!

Many, many (many, many) years ago, I had a kitty, Teddy Bear, who got them regularly. I’d take her into the vet for treatment, it would go away, and a few months later it would be back. Turns out she was allergic to the two teaspoonfuls of milk I was giving her every morning. I stopped giving her milk, and it never happened again.

I hope you can find out what’s going on with your guy! :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jules89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks! I was thinking along the lines of the c word! He's on a urinary diet and only drinks water from the his fountain. Which clicked it's plastic so it could be that. Answers come tomorrow

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We always worry, don’t we. One of the things the vet had me try was to stop using plastic bowls. I guess that’s a fairly common cause.

Circle back and let us know!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a rodent ulcer to me also. They can be easily cleared by meds, either injection or tablet form from the vet but if left untreated can be painful.