Bump/lump On Kitten Spay Site

GoosieBeepos09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!!! How is everyone?!? Hope all is well with you and your fur babies!! But I’m back again to post about Ducky and her spay site...again!...So now she has developed a marble looking bump on the site...when I took her to the vet a little over week ago cuz it looked gross and funky but she said that it was fine and not infected or anything but tonight I was playing with Ducky and looked at her tummy and went omg! What is that?!?! I played with it and it’s hard and doesn’t seem to hurt her at all but geez I swear this kitten can’t get a break!jts been almost 4 weeks since she’s gotten fixed and I feel like it shouldn’t be like this...so what do ya’ll think? Does it warrant another trip to the vet or maybe just a call?? Thanks everyone in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoosieBeepos09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Does your vet allow you to send pictures in so she can see that lump?
I honestly don’t know I’ve only gone to that vet a couple times and they didn’t say anything about sending in pics...I could call and find out lol

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since it's been 4 weeks I would either send a picture or call. Some lumpiness is expected right after from what I understand it is the internal stitches dissolving. Four weeks is a long time though. It doesn't look infected so I don't know what the deal is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoosieBeepos09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I took her to the vet today cuz this morning it started oozing pus and then blood...so she had to have another mini surgery to fix everything that was in there and flush it out since the vet thought it was infected...so now she has been re-stitched in there and is on an antibiotic and some pain meds...hopefully this time it’ll heal normally...