Bullying has turned into attacking

kittysback

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted over in the health forum about my one male cat who's been bullying my older female. It started out with him over-grooming his genitals, but that appears to have stopped. The bullying still concerns me though.

We brought Puck and his sister (they are 18 months now) in one year ago (we already had 2 resident cats). We introduced slowly and over this last year, the female resident cat - Typo - who is 4 years old, "tolerates" the new cats. She definitely is not a fan of them, but mostly ignored them. There have never been any fights, just a few hisses and spats.

Lately, Typo and Puck have been bickering, and as Puck is getting bigger than her, he seems to want to be the alpha cat. It started with stares and blocking her on the stairs. But in the last week, I've actually seen him jump on her back and bite her neck. Typo screeches out the loudest wail I've ever heard - like if you shut her tail in the door.

I've put in 2 Feliway diffusers and I'm taking them all for vet check ups this month. Might even take Puck in sooner.

But if anyone has any tips or suggestions for this kind of behavior, I'd really appreciate it. I'm nervous that he's really going to hurt her.

Thanks in advance.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be some sort of mating trial. Even neutered can sometimes. But more probable her he does it for dominance reasons.
And she doesnt quite accept his dominance, thus - she shrieks...

this is what I think.

Good luck!