Bully problem started to get serious.

faye11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 6 cats at home, and they all came to me at a different time. The oldest, Garfield, the mommy Leila, her two kittens (adopted then dropped at my door 2 months later), an ex stray Georgi and an ex stray Missy which was less than 2 months old when i found her. 

For 1 year, all was fine when i had them all but Missy, and then all of a sudden, Leila's baby started to attack her. Then her second baby followed 6 months later. I had a loft, they couldn't be separated. Then I moved and things seemed fine for 2 weeks everyone was getting along. Then bam, fighting starts over. then there was a problem with the apartment, the sound is horrible and i can hear her cough from her room, so when my cats race around, even with earplugs she could hear them so i had to put them in two groups and lock 1 in my office and the other one with me (to avoid fighting). Then Leila's baby got very depressed she wouldnt eat or drink or move. I moved her to my room but she does fight Leila . I recently started a new job which makes me wake up at 5 am, leave at 6:30, come back at 6pm, then sleep at 9:30. I barely see the second group.  Then Leila's baby who's in my office still, now attacks very violently Leila AND Garfield. 

I'm starting to get very anxious and so are the cats. I don't know what to do. I can't rehome Leila (my aunt would have taken her) because she has a pee problem she developped at the same time she started getting attacked and i cant garantee she wont do it at another home. + my aunt's place is 6h away. 

So yeah, this is my situation. any ideas on how to help it a bit? cats cant go outside.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you taken Leila to the vet to have her checked? The fact that the attacks on her coincide with the beginning of her peeing problems raise a huge red flag for me..... She might be sick :(
IMHO a vet check is in order, a full panel with a urinalisys......
While there, you can take some time to throughly clean the house with some good enzyme cleaners - good luck! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

faustandfigaro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Horrible situation ! It seems like a lot of stress around for all the cats - may be just too many cats in the same place ? I guess it's like for humans, sometimes you just can't get along no matter what.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faye11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's healthy,  i checked.

I dont think it's the number of cats, they were fine for a good part and most of them were in a house with 10 cats before and seemed fine. Uhhhh. i hope i find a solution to this. since i started alterning groups sleeping in my room, things got back to before, leila and her kitten. 

thanks for the replies