Bully Cat

livkkelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a new kitten (calico) in august. I have a long hair black cat around the age of 9 already. Introducing them never worked and they still don’t get along. The kitten hounds the older cat so bad that they need to be separated. The kitten sleeps in my room because she sits on the other side of my door and screams till she loses her voice if not and if they’re together they just fight. I live in an apartment building where we can all hear eachother very clearly in each apartment so I can’t just let her scream. Recently, she’s been waking me up at 6 am screaming at the door. Not only obviously does this wake me up, but my neighbours as well so i can’t just ignore her because she literally doesn’t stop until her voice is gone. I can’t wake up at this hour every morning, please help or i have to rehome her.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I realize you are probably in a small apartment and maybe your bedroom is the only separate room beside the bathroom, but if you haven't gone through a proper introduction process, you should. Here are some articles that might help.

How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

Is the kitten's gear (food, water, litter box, toys, etc.) all set up in your bedroom for the night? If not, perhaps that is why she is screaming at 6am - she wants food, her litterbox??

Are you playing with her at night before you go to bed to try to tire her out? Do you feed her shortly before you go to bed to help keep her from being hungry so early in the morning?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livkkelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I realize you are probably in a small apartment and maybe your bedroom is the only separate room beside the bathroom, but if you haven't gone through a proper introduction process, you should. Here are some articles that might help.

How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

Is the kitten's gear (food, water, litter box, toys, etc.) all set up in your bedroom for the night? If not, perhaps that is why she is screaming at 6am - she wants food, her litterbox??

Are you playing with her at night before you go to bed to try to tire her out? Do you feed her shortly before you go to bed to help keep her from being hungry so early in the morning?
I feed her a big bowl of food to last the night but she just scarfs it down all at once and then cries for it in the morning

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is approx 6 months and is scheduled to be spayed this month
Spaying might help, especially if she's being bothered by hormones and heat cycles.

And her going to the vet gives you a chance to re-do their introductions. In fact, sometimes bonded cats need to be re-introduced after one comes home from the vet smelling differently. Here's a TCS article that explains it: How To Deal With Non-recognition Aggression In Cats

The articles FeebysOwner FeebysOwner posted should help with re-introducing them.

One other idea, which other members have suggested, is when one cat has to go to the vet, take both of them. That way they both come home smelling the "strange" vet scent. Not sure if taking your older cat with you, when you go back to get the kitten after her spay is doable, but if it is, maybe it's something to consider.