Bully Cat Scaring Everyone

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he hurt anyone? Blood scratches? Screaming doesn't count. It's possible he's trying to play and the others don't understand. Watch their body language and his carefully. Is it loose, tense? Cat's play by by play hunting, stalking and fighting with each other. When one goes too hard the other screams for him to knock it off.

Of course they may actually be afraid of him regardless of his intentions.

Are My Cats Fighting Or Playing?
Perfect description of what happens every night and sometimes day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emizawesome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has he hurt anyone? Blood scratches? Screaming doesn't count. It's possible he's trying to play and the others don't understand. Watch their body language and his carefully. Is it loose, tense? Cat's play by by play hunting, stalking and fighting with each other. When one goes too hard the other screams for him to knock it off.

Of course they may actually be afraid of him regardless of his intentions.

Are My Cats Fighting Or Playing?
He scratched Pixie's eye and drew blood once. He scratches at them and hunches down and drives at them. He will cut off their escape. They kiss and growl and puff up and hide when he does it so I dont think it is that he doesn't know how to play.
When he attacked Pixie there was fur everywhere so he must have bit her but she had no marks.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully scratching the eyes was not intended. Whenever something bothers Peaches she has big poofs of fur floating in the air/floor. Happens when she is stressed out-mad,scared,etc.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cat fur is loosely anchored just so that it will come out in play and fights. If there was no mark, there was no bite. Meaning he grabbed a mouthful of fur. I'm guessing he knows the difference between fur and flesh. In play you grab fur, in a fight you grab flesh. And, yes, best buds do hurt each other by accident, just like human kids.

If he meant to hurt one of the others there would have been significant blood and a large open wound on the victim. It would have required a vet visit. The attack and injury can take less than half a minute. Been there, seen that, paid the vet bill.