Bully Cat acting cats dogs and now humans...HELP !

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
    Sorry thats ATTACKING ...didn't know how to change the subject .....I've posted about this b4 but nothing  has worked...as a matter of fact.. things are getting worse..She went from attacking one other female cat to attacking the male cat I have ..the senior cat ...the chihuahua dogs ..children and my mother when she returned today from vacation.

Here is some info about her...she was born outside from a stray cat...my vets office took in the kittens at 4 months and adopted them out...we got Molly at 4/5 months old....She is fixed..and is  a very huge cat...she weighs about 14/15 pounds but is a very long calico..

I've tired adding shelves and high up spots to give them space...All that did was give the tiny 6/7 pound 10 yr old female a place to hide..since for whatever reason Molly will not jump onto or can't jump ...the tiny female ( Scooter) rarely lets her feet hit the ground now because she always get attacked...Its very sad actually..

I've added rescue remedy to water  didn't help...I've gotten a spray bottle ..that stops Molly at that moment of attack for a few mins..she will even attack Scooter infront of me...and even go after her while Scooter is sitting on my lap...She constantly stalks her...

What helps is letting Molly outside..she is tied of course but that seems to mellow her out where the attacks aren't as often...but its winter and freezing cold here...I let her out on nice days but she can only last a few mins then she wants back in...

I was told to flip her over after an attack and tell her no no no....not sure this was great advice she isn't a dog and I think because of this she might have gotten more aggressive...

I've come here for more suggestions..She is a very fun cat we do love her here...she is always into something ...the kids around here love her and her them ....BUT I am totally frustrated with the attacks..she got one of the chihuahua's today and he just went nuts attacking her back...but she out weighs him and he could get seriously hurt if she catches his eyes..

I so need some solution to this...its not nice living in a house when the cat is raising such a fuss all the time now...

Nancy 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you ....I don't get that channel but I will check to see online if I can get any info...maybe there is a book....

Nancy

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi :wavey:

So sorry you are having these issues with your cat.

Has she been seen by the vet to rule out any issues that might be causing her pain? Pain can make friendly cats lash out.

Try a Feliway plug-in. It can work wonders for stressed out and aggressive kitties.

Have you looked at this page? Could it be redirected aggression from an external stressor?

If none of these things work, you can ask your vet if she would be a candidate for anti-aggression medicine. From what I understand, it isn't that expensive.

If you don't want to do that, I guess my last resort would be to make her an outside kitty, since you say that's where she's happier. I would do this only if you live in a low-traffic area and if she's spayed and current on her shots, has a microchip and a breakaway collar with ID tags that she won't pull off, as well as food and water provided by you. You could also build her a feral villa outside to protect her from the elements.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wear her out with play every day. Get some of the stringy cat toys and get her running/jumping and tire her out. It honestly sounds like she may not be getting enough exercise. Try that and see how it works. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a laser ..I think thats what you call it...she likes that the most...infact I thought it might be what stops the madness cause the cat she attacks loves the laser also and they play near each other without her attacking...You are probably right she isn't getting enough exersise...but how long do I play with her  to wear her out...we were doing this nightly for weeks...til laser died..didn't stop the attacks...They have all kinds of toys she isn't much interested in them ...the other cats play with them...I have several cat trees through out my house near windows with bird feeders visible ...

As far as letting her outside...I'm in Canada and the winters are just to harsh...plus I had one cat that went outside every now and then..He disappeared  last May haven't seen him since...I won't ever do that again...it very difficult to deal with ..so I swore never again would I allow a cat to run freely outside...But I am looking into having an enclosure built  attached to my house ..so my cats can enjoy the outdoors safetly...

I will go out today and get another laser and look at whatelse I can find to tire her out...til I can let her back outside...I really don't want to rehome her...but honestly this is very stressful on me...Its gotten now as well that when she attacks Scooter...my dogs will chase Scooter as well..(.NOT Moll)y..the one being attacked..I guess cause she flees ...