Bug Bombing Apartment - Where to Put Cats?

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all - I'm desperate and need some guidance. My apartment complex just let me know they're going to bug bomb my apartment again on Tuesday so I have to have my cats elsewhere. Thing is, two weeks ago they did the initial bomb. I boarded my two, and it was a disaster. Even with doses of gabapentin on board, Pompom was hissing, growling, swatting, and trying to bite me when I put her in the carrier and when I tried to unzip the carrier at the board place. I did manage to unzip it and left the carrier in the condo in case she wanted to come out. She didn't in the five plus hours she was there and was just as feisty coming home. In fact, the car ride home she was panting.

So, obviously unless there's a tranquilizer dart that works for 5+ hours, boarding them is out. That leaves putting them out on the screened in porch for the day. But the outside temp is supposed to be 92° on Tuesday and it's Florida so the heat index will be higher than that. I imagine that's too hot for them? I'm planning to work from the library that day so I can come home as soon as it's safe so they wouldn't have to be outside any longer than necessary.

The only other option I see is to keep them in the apartment in my bedroom, with a towel rolled up against the door frame, a window cracked, and the bathroom fan running. They'd be comfy but I don't know how safe exposing them to the potential but bomb fumes are.

Help please!

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm wondering if it's only one or two nights to be away, is there a pet-friendly hotel you could bring them to and work from there? Maybe they would be less stressed in a new environment if you're with them?

Also want to add I think it's risky if they're exposed to the bug bomb fumes, it could affect their pancreas/kidneys, among other issues...

Last edited: