Budesonide and IBD

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all! My cat Jem was diagnosed with IBD via ultrasounds in the Spring. He has been vomiting for as long as we’ve had him (since 2018), but until our latest vet, other vets didn’t seem too concerned. Jem has been eating RAWZ rabbit and freeze dried rabbit treats only since March, but the vomiting didn’t go away so he started Budesonide on June 3. Since starting it, he’s thrown up twice - less than his average with no medication, but still more than I’d like considering we are on day 10 of a 14 day trial! I have a call with the vet tomorrow, but in the meantime I thought I’d ask to see if other folks have tried this medication before and if so, how long the symptoms took to go away and how much they decreased. I’m not sure if my expectations for speed of reduced symptoms or amount of reduction in symptoms are unrealistic, if he needs different meds, or if he needs more time on the trial. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure this will be any help at all. I’ve never given it to my cat but as a human I have taken it for my IBD lol. I have taken several 8 week courses over the past 6 years and it each time I needed to take it, it was less effective. Now it doesn’t even work on me