buddy

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my cat Buddy took off last week for the very first time ever.  I looked for him and called him for a week and thought he was gone.

Then today, there he was sitting in the yard, so I brought him indoors.  He had a horrible attitude.  He growled and hissed at everyone and everything.   He growled when I petted him -- like when I first got him.

He also gained weight while he was gone too, so he must have hunted rabbits or something, but he looks like he has put on one or two pounds.. We don't have any neighbors, so I know no one fed him.

I gave him two cans of cat food which he ate and that calmed him a little.  And then a couple hours later, he was purring and sleeping in my lap while I watched a movie.  And now his attitude is back to normal..

I put him back outside a little bit ago as he wanted out.  I am not sure what occurred or why he left and why he came back so darn grumpy....  but I guess he had his reasons....  I'm just glad he's back.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like he really had to fend for himself and it took a little while to get back into snuggle mode.

So glad he's back... I'll bet you're relieved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered where buddy had been hiding out.

When we first started taking care of him, he went from house to house (in the country).  Well years have passed and we live far away from that area now and we still have Buddy.

Where we currently live, and across the creek, about 1/2 mile away is an old man who lives in a tiny little trailer all alone on a dirt road.  I never thought the cats would cross the creek but evidently Buddy has discovered a way.   On my way home today, when I passed this trailer, Buddy recognized my truck and ran to it.  I stopped the truck and put him inside and continued on my drive home.  The man is a very  nice man.  We really like him.  Juan mows his yard for him every time we mow.  Buddy must like him too.

Buddy was sitting on this man's porch.  Evidently he had been feeding him too, because like I said in the original post, he has gained a couple pounds.

Juan is going to take him some cat food down there so he won't have to feed Buddy his food or buy him anything on his visits.. So Buddy has a new friend.. His only friend actually other than us....  Still not sure what caused his attitude problem on his initial return, but at least I do know where he was at.  It is possible it was easier to cross form our side than to come back and that is what frustrated him.  I thought I heard a cat meow from that side when he was gone but I never dreamed of pursuing that theory of him being on the other side.  I just did not think it possible. 

All well, ends well.

Jenn 

We're glad he is in tonight and happy and I think buddy is glad too -- at least for now.....

Last edited: