Brown Tiny Bits On Bed.

jane559

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you ever found any brown tiny bits on bed? It is softish (just not hard)... I wonder whether it is poop stuck on kitten's anal... She poops normal; it is just that her anal is not completely clean. So I thought those bits might fall off when she plays or sleep on my bed.
If it is indeed poop, how do you deal with this problem?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be tiny pieces of poop caught in her hair, but when I have had something similar with Feeby it usually is accompanied by a bit of brownish staining - denoting your kitty isn't cleaning herself as well as she could. That is Feeby's case. So, I take unscented hypoallergenic wipes and clean her behind once a day.

If you use wipes to clean off the little specks, I bet you will find the wipes a little brown in color after wiping. That is the rest of the poop remnants coming out of her hair/off her anal area. You might even see the area being a bit 'dirty' when you get ready to use a wipe on her.

If this is new event, and she is older, it could be the onset of some arthritis which isn't allowing her to clean as well as she once did. And, by doing the daily wipes, you can also possibly avoid UTIs down the road. This is what has happened to Feeby, the dirt she leaves behind is enough to 'invade' her urethra and cause E Coli related bladder infections. Just thought I would bring this up as a possibility, as it was a big incentive for me to maintain a daily cleaning schedule - what I now have dubbed as Feeby's daily "Booty Duty".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane559

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will wipe her daily then; she doesn't like me wiping her though:)