Brown mystery kitten!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

??
At least some of the choco BSHs I've seen have had brown whiskers and they aren't Havana Browns so I wouldn't count on that one. Some had brown/white.
ah. I could be wrong. I only went by what I learned about Havana Browns via Cats 101 and research on the web (I wanted to get one for a while and wanted to learn more). I learned that brown whiskers are a required trait that Havana Brown's must have

I didn't realize brown whiskers could carry to other breeds too! Thought it was just HB's only trait

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

ah. I could be wrong. I only went by what I learned about Havana Browns via Cats 101 and research on the web (I wanted to get one for a while and wanted to learn more). I learned that brown whiskers are a required trait that Havana Brown's must have

I didn't realize brown whiskers could carry to other breeds too! Thought it was just HB's only trait
It's probably a required trait for show and breeding quality cats which is why it was said in the show. And most of them (even pet quality) likely have brown whiskers because it's the only color they try to get.

*eta* Now that I keep staring at that kitten pic, it really does look like she has white undercoat (roots of the hairs). Am I just imagining?

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see that you are in Maryland--why don't you enter her in the HHP competition at a cat show? She would probably do very well, and she is young enough that you can train her to become a show superstar! My cat club has a show coming up the first weekend of June in the Baltimore area, and I know a number of judges would love to see such a rare beauty. At the very least, our color and breed experts can figure out just what she is!

http://www.catshows.us/colonialannapolis/

PM me for more information if you would like. It's a great show!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
She is sooooo beautiful !

Maybe the reason she's so brown is because someone - that wears brown lipstick - has been kissing her all over ?

I can't wait to see her in about a year - be sure and post her 1 year old pic so we can see her then.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks very much like a little feral boy I rescued back in the early 80s.
He was from generation upon generation of feral moggies.

His adopters named him Hershey lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teamcarp33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her whiskers are indeed brown. Her underbelly isn't white, really, but some of her brown hairs on her belly have lighter colored roots. I know absolutely nothing about cat shows, but I think it would be super fun to go to one with Kiwi (brown kiddin). She is the wildest, craziest kitten I've seen all year, and I have fostered a BUNCh of wild crazy kittens in the past few months. Literally climbs the curtains. I thought that was only in cartoons....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow she is a truly gorgeous kitten! Sounds like she has a personality to match her uniqueness too

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. I would definitely try entering her in some HHP shows! If you need help with that or have questions, the people on this board were very helpful to me when I started showing my HHPs.

As far as the color, it is also possible that it could be due to a random mutation rather than being inherited from the parents/from a specific breed. From what I've read it only takes one nucleotide to be altered to result in a brown/chocolate coat color.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been coming back again and again to look at this kitten. So beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teamcarp33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well thanks everyone! She is an awesome kitten. I think we will try HHP showing when she's a bit older, sounds like a blast...

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

I think we need new kitten pics now

I hope you stick around so we can watch this baby grow up
I second that wholeheartedly
Kiwi will grow up to be a beautiful cat

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOWZA!!!! She is stunning... maybe she does have a "smoke" coat. Either way, she is a unique and darling little baby!!